They’re back! 2014 Rocky Mountain Bicycles will be available for demo August 8 & 9th.
Where: Be at the Sawtooth Trail
FRIDAY August 8th – Rocky Mountain Demo & Super D Shuttle – with Tahoe Mountain Guides
- First come first serve.
- Demo 2014 Rocky Mountain Bikes on the Tahoe Truckee Super D.
- Meet at Sawtooth Trail head and we will shuttle riders to the Tahoe Truckee Super D.
- Must register 48 hours in advance to reserve bike and space on the shuttle. Bikes and sizes listed below.
- Contact TMG to reserve the bike & size you would like to demo. (530)686-5895
- After contacting TMG, reserve your Super D Shuttle online for August 8th only. No payments will be accepted day of Demo.
- Chose either the 10am or noon shuttle online (can only do one shuttle).
- Please be at the trail head half-hour before shuttle departure.
- $20 gets you – Demo, Shuttle, Guide & after Tahoe Truckee Super D beverages.
SATURDAY August 9th – Rocky Mountain Demo bikes available from 10am to 2pm
- All Rocky Mountain Demo’s are FREE.
- Demo bike on loop in Sawtooth.
- Must have valid drivers license and credit card to demo bike.
Rocky Mountain Demo Bikes Available:
Rocky Mountain Instinct 970 MSL – Size: M, L, XL
Rocky Mountain Instinct 970 BC Edition – Size: L
Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL – Size: S, M, L, XL
Rocky Mountain Altitude Rally – Size: M
Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt – Size: S, M, L, XL
Rocky Mountain Element 970 RSL – Size: S, M, L, XL
The morning of June 3rd there was a certain electricity in the air unraveling in Truckee, CA. Mountain bikes lubed with Gnar, tires pressure checked, and coffee sipped. The anticipation of and early morning shuttle ride via Tahoe Mountain Guides to the Tahoe Truckee Super D along with our friends Arielle and Abbey from Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Santa Cruz bikes was on their way to Truckee from Downieville, CA. If you have never heard of Downieville, look it up…it’s a mountain bikers mecca. But that’s not to say Truckee isn’t in the same category. Santa Cruz was going to host a mountain bike demo in Truckee, but first…let’s ride!
All we had time for was a quick loop on the Tahoe Truckee Super D, but faces were all smiles. The trail was riding the best it possibly could and the view of Lake Tahoe in its early morning haze was magical. But, with half an hour to spare, it was now time to deploy to the Sawtooth Ridge trail head, set-up tents, get the Santa Cruz mountain bikes ready and hope for a decent turn-out of mountain bikers.
The crowd was a perfect size and bikes would roll out as soon as a bike was returned. Arielle and Abbey fit bikes to the demo seekers as TMG signed-in guests, bike of choice they wanted to demo and talked bikes. The fleet of Santa Cruz bikes included: Blur TRC, Tallboy LT long travel 29er, Superlight 29er, Carbon Nomad, Carbon Blur LT & XC and Juliana women’s specific trail bike.
Each rider returning via the Happy Face trial was doing just that, smiling. Exclaiming “I love this bike”, riders were then sent to Cycle Paths Bike Shop to order a new Santa Cruz bike. The event was a huge success with many thanks going to Arielle and Abbey of Santa Cruz; Cycle Paths Bike Shop and all who came out to demo a new Santa Cruz bike.
The TMG Crew