They’re back! 2014 Rocky Mountain Bicycles will be available for demo August 8 & 9th.
Where: Be at the Sawtooth Trail
FRIDAY August 8th – Rocky Mountain Demo & Super D Shuttle – with Tahoe Mountain Guides
- First come first serve.
- Demo 2014 Rocky Mountain Bikes on the Tahoe Truckee Super D.
- Meet at Sawtooth Trail head and we will shuttle riders to the Tahoe Truckee Super D.
- Must register 48 hours in advance to reserve bike and space on the shuttle. Bikes and sizes listed below.
- Contact TMG to reserve the bike & size you would like to demo. (530)686-5895
- After contacting TMG, reserve your Super D Shuttle online for August 8th only. No payments will be accepted day of Demo.
- Chose either the 10am or noon shuttle online (can only do one shuttle).
- Please be at the trail head half-hour before shuttle departure.
- $20 gets you – Demo, Shuttle, Guide & after Tahoe Truckee Super D beverages.
SATURDAY August 9th – Rocky Mountain Demo bikes available from 10am to 2pm
- All Rocky Mountain Demo’s are FREE.
- Demo bike on loop in Sawtooth.
- Must have valid drivers license and credit card to demo bike.
Rocky Mountain Demo Bikes Available:
Rocky Mountain Instinct 970 MSL – Size: M, L, XL
Rocky Mountain Instinct 970 BC Edition – Size: L
Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL – Size: S, M, L, XL
Rocky Mountain Altitude Rally – Size: M
Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt – Size: S, M, L, XL
Rocky Mountain Element 970 RSL – Size: S, M, L, XL
From summers single-trail mountain bike trails to a winters blanketed white snow shoe trail, Tahoe Mountain Guides encompasses all seasons in beautiful Lake Tahoe. And we enjoy every moment! What a better way to spend a winters day; getting off the crowded ski slopes and enjoying natural uninterrupted fields of snow. The only sound you will hear is the squeaky snow underfoot, your breath and a trail guides knowledge of your surroundings.
Snow shoe tours are designed to give you a gentle aerobic workout. TMG offers terrain for the first time snow shoe enthusiast and families. Nothing strenuous about our tours! However, if you would like something more challenging, we have those trails, too. Each tour includes: snow shoes, poles, organic trail snacks and warm beverages. You should have warm shoes, a beanie, a warm jacket (and fleece layer) and gloves. TMG will provide the rest.
The sport of mountain biking can be intimidating at first: rocks to ride over, dirt trails, no cars, and a full suspension bike. But, Tahoe Mountain Guides take the worry out of mountain biking! If you are new to mountain biking, TMG will start you off on our Manzanita Mountain Bike Tour… a get to know the bike, type of terrain you may encounter while riding a mountain bike, and most importantly, to have fun.
The Manzanita Tour will begin on gentle fire road with minimal hill climbing and descents. Our exceptional guides at TMG will instruct you how to shift the bike, proper foot position and technique for climbing and descending the mtb trail, as well as when to sit or to get out of the saddle. Each and every rider will become comfortable on the dirt and gravel fire road before we ever venture on to single mountain bike trails.
When our guides access your riding ability, we will then exit the fire road and explore some lite single-track mountain bike trails. The pace is always yours and the views and landscape is always breathtaking. We will encourage you to look ahead, get familiar with your surroundings and enjoy the sport of mountain biking with a smile.
Please note: mountain biking may cause giddiness, extreme exhilaration, a smile, and cause you to make an entire new set of friends. If over 21, TMG suggest you finish a mountain bike ride with a beer and never consult your doctor.
Happy riding! The TMG Crew.
So, maybe you are new to mountain biking or a seasoned veteran, and you have asked the question, “why should I choose to mountain bike with Tahoe Mountain Guides?” Well, we have asked ourselves the same question and believe the answer is quite simple:
- Tahoe Mountain Guides offers one on one personalized instruction. TMG’s instruction is for every type of rider from young to adult, teaching you the skills and technique to excel as a mountain biker.
- We do not take a chairlift to the top of a mountain bike climb. We teach you proper weight distribution, cadence and the skills to get you to the top of the mountain. We like to earn our turns; this makes the downhill portion that much more enjoyable. Don’t worry, you will get the same instruction to get you down the hill, too. If you want to experience just the downhill portion of mountain biking, we think you will enjoy the mountain bike park Northstar at California has to offer the gravity rider.
- Tahoe Mountain Guides holds extensive permits from the U.S. Forest Service allowing us a wide range of trails for every ability level. We are proud to work in conjunction with the U.S. Forest Service and take this responsibility with great pride.
- TMG loves to mountain bike! We also like to talk. Not only will you get a breathtaking view, amazing trails and enjoyable experience, you will also get the history, local folklore and funny stories about Lake Tahoe and Truckee. Also, we like to stop and take in the view, too!
- Our guides will only take 3-4 riders at a time. With larger groups, we assess all riders and can split-up according to ability levels. This way everyone has an enjoyable experience and does the ride they want.
- Each tour is about you! It is never about the guide.
- Tahoe Mountain Guides offers shuttle service for you and your friends on the Tahoe Truckee Super D!
- Heaven for bid any of our guests have an accident, TMG is prepared. All guides are medically trained.
Want to experience a ride with Tahoe Mountain Guides? It’s easy to ride with TMG; just contact us, make a reservation for yourself, a group of friends, family, or a company team building workshop. We just want to ride and make new mtb friends! Tahoe Mountain Guides hits the trail seven days a week and waiting to ride with you.
The TMG Crew
The morning of June 3rd there was a certain electricity in the air unraveling in Truckee, CA. Mountain bikes lubed with Gnar, tires pressure checked, and coffee sipped. The anticipation of and early morning shuttle ride via Tahoe Mountain Guides to the Tahoe Truckee Super D along with our friends Arielle and Abbey from Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Santa Cruz bikes was on their way to Truckee from Downieville, CA. If you have never heard of Downieville, look it up…it’s a mountain bikers mecca. But that’s not to say Truckee isn’t in the same category. Santa Cruz was going to host a mountain bike demo in Truckee, but first…let’s ride!
All we had time for was a quick loop on the Tahoe Truckee Super D, but faces were all smiles. The trail was riding the best it possibly could and the view of Lake Tahoe in its early morning haze was magical. But, with half an hour to spare, it was now time to deploy to the Sawtooth Ridge trail head, set-up tents, get the Santa Cruz mountain bikes ready and hope for a decent turn-out of mountain bikers.
The crowd was a perfect size and bikes would roll out as soon as a bike was returned. Arielle and Abbey fit bikes to the demo seekers as TMG signed-in guests, bike of choice they wanted to demo and talked bikes. The fleet of Santa Cruz bikes included: Blur TRC, Tallboy LT long travel 29er, Superlight 29er, Carbon Nomad, Carbon Blur LT & XC and Juliana women’s specific trail bike.
Each rider returning via the Happy Face trial was doing just that, smiling. Exclaiming “I love this bike”, riders were then sent to Cycle Paths Bike Shop to order a new Santa Cruz bike. The event was a huge success with many thanks going to Arielle and Abbey of Santa Cruz; Cycle Paths Bike Shop and all who came out to demo a new Santa Cruz bike.
The TMG Crew